Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Fairy tales.

So basically these past two days I haven't left my house because I don't feel like being social,
but mostly because I don't wanna be cold.
So I've been watching Gossip girl and this how i was inspired to write about Fairytales and Love.
"The problem with fairytales is that they set a girl up for disappointment."
It's true isn't it?
When I was a little girl I used to read fairy tales. 
In fairy tales you meet Prince Charming and he's everything you ever wanted.
In fairy tales the bad guy is very easy to spot. 
The bad guy is always wearing a black cape so you always know who he is. 
Then you grow up and you realize that Prince Charming is not as easy to find as you thought. 
You realize the bad guy is not wearing a black cape and he's not easy to spot; 
he's really funny, and he makes you laugh, and he has perfect hair.
And it's not just the way you meet prince charming it's what happens through out the fairy tales,
they all have their obstacles to over come before they reach their happily ever after,
Like Cinderella has to get home before midnight,
Sleeping beauty is basically put in a coma until true loves kiss wakes her up, 
Snow white eats an apple and gets food poisoning,
Ariel is a fish and gives up her voice to have legs, 
Jasmine likes a poor boy,
Tiana becomes a frog etc, etc.
In stories they don't tell you that in real life
"hey maybe the guy you like doesn't like you back"
or maybe he says the same things to twenty other girls,
"oh there's also a billion other girls he can potentially date, 
that are prettier, smarter, funnier, nicer and all around just better then you"
and the bad guy isn't always a guy you date and hey turns out he cheated on you like 4 times,
sometimes the bad guy is your mom or dad because they don't want you to be together,
or the ex girl friend that will stop at nothing to get him back.
And then here's the real part that messes us up,
The Happily Ever After ending,
taught me that when I fall in love that person will automatically love me back,
and that they feel the exact same way and will love me forever,
and want to spend the rest of their life with you,
and that you will be SO happy.
I don't know who wrote these stories but they sure as heck made my love life a mess,
They didn't tell me I was going to have to kiss a lot of frogs to find my perfect prince,
or that my prince would run off with the wrong princess,
or that I may not ever find him and just have my happily ever after with a bunch of cats,
or maybe my happily ever after is just moving on and I just don't see that yet.
They also didn't tell me that It would take time to move one,
or a lot of tears and eventually you just grow apart from that person
and they just become a memory..

Absolutely..Ohh Disney.make it happen.Walt Disneyso not worth it.Hahaha oh man... one direction quotes,goodbye my hopeless dream..Pinned Image

No comments: